Nakagawa Chinese Cleaver
Expertly crafted by the renowned blacksmith Satoshi Nakagawa, this Chinese cleaver is made of high-quality Silver #3 steel and features a luxurious turquoise handle. Enjoy precise cuts and effortless chopping with this versatile and elegant kitchen tool.
Japanese Cleaver vs. Chinese Cleaver
A Japanese-made Chinese cleaver borrows the initial design of a traditional Chinese Cleaver and enhances it with hard Japanese Steel. This results in better edge retention and extremely sharp edges. However, they are NOT suitable for use with bones or anything you cannot chew. They are thin behind the edge and will slice through vegetables with ease. However, bones can chip this masterpiece, so please use it properly.
- Blacksmith: Satoshi Nakagawa
- Sharpener: Morihiro Hamono
- Region: Made in Sakai City, Japan
- Blade Length: 173mm
- Total Length: 275mm
- Blade Height: 76mm
- Blade Thickness: Heel 3.6mm, Mid 2.9mm, Tip 2.3mm
- Total Weight: 422 grams
- Core Steel: Silver #3 (Ginsan #3)
- HRC: 61
- Use: NOT FOR USE WITH BONE! This cleaver is designed for chopping vegetables, with a thin edge for easy slicing. It is not suitable for cutting bones or for side-to-side movements.
For "B" Grade Scratch and dent cleavers, please contact us to see details and flaws.
We take responsibility for selecting and providing authentic quality products through our direct relationships with Japanese suppliers. Shipping trouble? We have your back and will manage it. Problem with your order? Contact us and we make it right. If you are our customer, we will not stop until we get the perfect knife in your hands. -Tony and Zach