Shigeki Tanaka SG2 Damascus 165mm Nakiri (No Handle)
"Habakiri" by Shigeki Tanaka with the 33 Layered Damascus blade and its beautiful design must impress you by the details of its well-calculated, meticulous design with a seriously sharp edge, excellent edge retention, and a light center balanced feel.
This Japanese R2 (SG2 or Super Gold 2) micro carbide powder stainless steel is one of the hardest blade steel in the world, min.63 Rockwell scale(HRC). That is enveloped by 16 layers on each side with soft and hard stainless steel, to create a total of 33 layer damascus pattern.
These masterpieces are carefully finished by the blacksmith Shigeki Tanaka for their top-rate cutting performance. The series realize long-lasting performance due to their rustproof blades, beveled on both sides, and waterproof handles, making them the first choice among professional chefs.
Some Michelin 3-star chefs in Europe gave high marks to the Tanaka knives, and we recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
Use & Care
Please do not use the knife in a twisting motion. This powder steel won't get rust easily, but please take care of the blade to prevent it from moisture when storing it because the color could change turn to black on the blade.
- Blade Steel Type: 33 Layers Damascus Hammered Stainless Steel, R2(SG2) Alloy Core
- Hardness Rockwell C scale: 63-64
- Handle Material: No Handle
- Knife Type: Nakiri(Vegetable)
- Blade Length: 165mm (6.5in.)
- Total Length: 300mm (11.8in.)
- Weight: 180g
- Blade Edge: Double edged (50/50 balanced, available for both left and right-handed)
- Condition: Brand NEW
- Country of Origin: Made in JAPAN