Don't forget these...
Sakai Takayuki is well respected as the largest knife maker in the Sakai Region. Their knives are reputably known for being good quality at the price, hand made, and delivering the care and experience of 600 years of knife making.
With a HRC value of 65, this series from Sakai Takayuki offers excellent edge retention. It features a Blue Super Steel (Aogami Super) core, with a protective kurouchi finish and a beautiful hammered (tsuchime) pattern. So basically all those key words you learned when taking your Japanese kitchen knives 101 course, this knife has it.
A 210mm gyuto is by far one of our most popular knife styles and length. Whether you are a home cook or a busy on the line professional chef, there's just something about 210mm that fits the sweet spot for most. Kind of like having a shoe that's half a size larger so when you decide to put on a warmer pair of socks, the shoe still fits seamlessly. To tie it back to knives, what we mean is, 210mm is a very versatile length which belongs in any kitchen!
This Gyuto is a solid choice for your first Japanese knife. It has excellent cutting capabilities, excellent fit and finish, and stainless cladding for low maintenance.
- Manufacturer : Aoki Hamono Co.,Ltd. (JAPAN)
- Blade Steel Type : Blue Paper Super (Aogami Super) Core, Clad Stainless Steel, KUROUCHI(Black) Tsuchime finished
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C) : approx.65
- Handle Material : Japanese Zelkova with Mahogany Bolster
- Knife Type : Gyuto Knife
- Blade Length : 210mm (8.3in.)
- Total Length : 360mm (14.2in.)
- Weight : 150g
- Blade Edge : Double edged (50/50 balanced, available for both left and right-handed)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN